PREPARATION FOR YOUR PHLEBECTOMY OF VARICOSE VEINS
- If you were not prescribed Valium for the procedure, you can drive yourself home. However, if you were prescribed Valium, you
will need some one else to drive you home. In this case, if you do not have a ride home, your procedure will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the time of your procedure to allow time for you to read carefully and sign the informed consent and instruction
forms. A staff member or the Doctor will tell you when to take the Valium, if you were prescribed it. Do not take the Valium before arriving to the office.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the morning of your procedure.
- Wear very loose pants that can be worn over the leg bandages which will be applied at the end of the procedure. Bring a pair of shorts to wear during the
- Take a shower and wash your leg(s) with Dial soap for two days prior to the procedure, and the morning of your procedure. Do not shave your leg for 72 hours
before the procedure – but do shave your leg on the morning of the procedure.
- Please do not apply any lotions, cream, oils, etc., on your leg prior to the procedure.
- Please discontinue taking any anticoagulants or blood thinners such as Asprin, Coumadin, Plavix, or others for three days prior to the procedure.
Please ask the Doctor if you have questions or concerns about this.
- Do not bring any valuables with you when you come for the procedure, as you will not be able to bring anything into the procedure room with you.
- Please schedule your follow-up examination or evaluation before you go in for the procedure.